Charge the battery for 10-20 hours before use. See the user manual for charging instructions. The battery needs to be cycled - fully charged and then fully discharged - initially 2 to 4 times to reach full capacity. (Note: It is completely normal for the battery to feel hot during charging and discharging)
New batteries are hard to charge on your device; they've never been fully charged before. Sometimes your device's charger stops charging before the new battery is fully charged. If this happens, simply remove the battery from the device and reinsert it. The charge cycle should start over. This can happen multiple times during the first battery charge. This is completely normal.
1. To prolong battery life, please remove the battery when the power is low, or charge it as much as possible.
2. If the battery will not be used for one month or more, it is recommended to remove it from the device and store it in a cool, dry and clean place.
3. Avoid short circuits. A short circuit can seriously damage the battery.
4. Do not drop, bump or abuse the battery, as this may expose the battery contents and cause corrosion.
5. Do not expose the battery to moisture or rain.
6. Train your battery. Do not leave the battery in standby mode for extended periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least every two to three weeks. If the battery has not been used for a long time, please replace it with a new battery according to the above running-in procedure.
7. Batteries charge more efficiently at lower temperatures. The optimum ambient temperature during charging is between 50°F (10°C) and 86°F (30°C). If the ambient temperature exceeds 35°C (95°F), the charging efficiency may decrease significantly, resulting in a decrease in the capacity of the rechargeable battery.
8. If using a charger, always remember to disconnect the battery from the charger after the specified charging time (a fully discharged battery takes approximately 14 hours). Failure to do so may result in shortened battery life.
9. It is recommended that batteries that are hot to the touch should be allowed to cool down after charging or discharging before use. This will extend battery life.
10. Always charge the battery in a well-ventilated area.
11. Be sure to fully charge the battery before first use. The battery is partially charged from the factory and must be fully charged to ensure uptime.
12. A new battery requires 5-10 charge-discharge cycles to reach full capacity. The runtime may be less than expected until this "break-in" period is complete.